Thursday, January 16, 2014

Toukiden: The Age of Demons

There is an upcoming game that has piqued my curiosity, namely Toukiden: The Age of Demons. This is an action based RPG that will be released February 11 on the Playstation Vita. It will have a release day price of forty dollars.
A Cthonian Fiend, the Flaghsip Oni

This game immediately caught my eye as I was scrolling through a list of Vita games to be released soon. It has a gameplay system I am relatively familiar with, as going on quests with a group is something you do quite  frequently in Monster Hunter. Additionally, it contains a large amount of Japanese lore and history in it's Mitama feature.

Basically, the game is about a group of people who are tasked with trying to stop the Oni (Japanese Demon-Ogres) from causing their world to become another "Otherworld," which is the place the demons came from. You play as their newest recruit, and are able to design your character. There are several weapon types you can use, but it appears you are not restricted to one. You are able to cut off  parts of an Oni, and they will regrow them, possibly becoming enraged, and stronger. There also seem to be other components to combat as well, but I am not certain how they will be implemented.
Fighting an Oni
The graphics to this game are impressive, but fairly standard for the Vita. Their is, however, some beautiful artwork on the games website that shows the main characters, the Oni, and some example weapons.  I especially like this sword, which shows an amazing amount of detail that makes it look very impressive.
One of the Blade type weapons given as an example on the website.
As I previously stated, this game will be released February 11th, and I think it warrants a quick purchase. It has beautiful graphics, and an interesting premise, as well as some historical elements. These combined appeal to me greatly, and are things that I hope appeal to some of my readers as well.

This game has a website, which can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment