Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The return of Cookie Clicker - Is it even possible to stop?

I had a post a while back about cookie clicker. Actually here. Since then, I've been playing it a lot. I am finding it quite difficult to stop. I turn it on all the time, and just let it run beneath everything else anyone is doing. Note - There are spoilers here for the game after you have acquired antimatter condensers

The main reason is that I just keep getting new stuff unlocked, and just feel the need to keep going, to unlock the next thing. Now that the Grandmapocalypse has begun, everything is infinitesimally more interesting.

IT HAS BEGUN.

























  
I don't know exactly what I have to do, and that is part of the thrill. All I know is that the grandmatriarchs have awoken, whatever that means. One of my friends told me the grandmapocalypse has begun, and that I need to be careful. The background now does have creepy disfigured grandmothers, but I don't know what other changes there have been. I don't want to look it up, because I don't want the experience to be spoiled. There was also a strange red cookie instead of the golden ones at one point, that halved my cookie production. The new ticker is also now running various (horrifying) grandma related news stories. However, my grandmothers are now super effective

The grandmothers had been growing more and more creepy, especially with the altered grandmas upgrade. Those ones look like mutated slime monsters. The news ticker also ran many of them saying creepy things. "We Rise" being one of them, among others. I feel like this was a nice foreshadowing of what has begun to happen in my game. I hope that as I continue to play there are more and more surprises and interesting events. I know that there is a dungeon update coming soon, and am thrilled for it.






No comments:

Post a Comment